If you’re planning a trip to Europe, travelling on the Eurostar from St Pancras International Station is a convenient and enjoyable way to reach your destination. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know about travelling on the Eurostar, including the facilities available at St Pancras, the destinations you can reach, and a brief overview of each city.
Facilities at St Pancras International Station
St Pancras International Station is a modern and well-equipped train station that offers a range of facilities for travellers. These include:
- Shops and restaurants – St Pancras has a variety of shops and restaurants, including high-street brands, luxury boutiques, and international cuisine.
- Lounges – if you’re travelling in Standard Premier or Business Premier, you can enjoy access to one of the Eurostar lounges, where you can relax and enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks.
- WiFi – free WiFi is available throughout the station, so you can stay connected while you wait for your train.
- Luggage storage – if you have luggage that you don’t want to carry around with you, there are luggage storage facilities available at the station.
Destinations you can reach on the Eurostar
The Eurostar offers direct services from St Pancras to several destinations in Europe, including:
- Paris – the City of Light is just over two hours away on the Eurostar. Paris is famous for its art, culture, and cuisine, and it’s a great destination for a romantic city break or a family holiday.
- Brussels – the capital of Belgium is just over two hours away on the Eurostar. Brussels is known for its historic architecture, delicious chocolate, and famous beers.
- Amsterdam – the Dutch capital is just over four hours away on the Eurostar. Amsterdam is famous for its beautiful canals, vibrant nightlife, and rich cultural heritage.
- Rotterdam – the second-largest city in the Netherlands is just over three hours away on the Eurostar. Rotterdam is known for its modern architecture, bustling port, and vibrant cultural scene.
- Lille – this French city is just over an hour away on the Eurostar. Lille is known for its beautiful architecture, rich history, and excellent cuisine.
A brief overview of each destination
Paris – Paris is a city that needs no introduction. From the iconic Eiffel Tower to the Louvre Museum, Paris is full of world-famous landmarks and attractions. It’s also a great city for shopping, dining, and nightlife.
Brussels – Brussels is a beautiful city that’s known for its stunning architecture and delicious food. Highlights include the Grand Place, the Atomium, and the Belgian Comic Strip Center.
Amsterdam – Amsterdam is a city that’s full of surprises. From the stunning canals to the Van Gogh Museum, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Rotterdam – Rotterdam is a modern and dynamic city that’s full of surprises. Highlights include the Markthal, the Cube Houses, and the Euromast observation tower.
Lille – Lille is a charming French city that’s full of history and culture. Highlights include the Palais des Beaux-Arts, the Old Stock Exchange, and the Vieux-Lille neighbourhood.
Travelling on the Eurostar from St Pancras is a convenient and enjoyable way to reach some of the most exciting destinations in Europe. With its modern facilities and comfortable trains, the Eurostar is a great option for anyone looking to travel in style. Whether you’re planning a romantic city break or a family holiday, the Eurostar has something to offer for everyone.